A collection of other projects and fun things I’ve completed or been involved in.
An Examination of Timeout Value, Strategy, and Momentum in NCAA Division 1 Men’s Basketball Senior Thesis in Applied Mathematics, Spring 2019 This work won first place in the the 2019 Spring USPROC Reseach Contest. (Paper, Poster, GitHub Repository)
A Bayesian Examination of Win Probability and Timeout Usage in NCAA Men’s Basketball: Final Project for BIS 567, Fall 2018 Poster
Weighting Schema for Regression Based Ratings and Predictions in Australian Rules Football: Final Project for S&DS 312, Fall 2018 * Paper
- recspecs730 Basketball Central__: An R Shiny Application containing NCAA Basketball power pankings, conference simulations and breakdowns, team breakdowns, game projections, and bracketology.
- Ivy League TiebreakR: An R Shiny Application for determining playoff seed for Ivy Madness based on user-input game outcomes.
- NCAA Assist Networks: An R Shiny Application for NCAA Basketball Assist Networks
- New York Section 2 Basketabll Assist Networks: An R Shiny Application for rending high school basketball assist networks.Press Release
- Yale Daily News: While at Yale, I wrote a semi-regular column for the school newspaper called “BY THE NUMBERS”. A listing of articles written can be found here.
- Mid Major Madness: Articles for midmajormadness.com on Ivy League Basketball and NCAA basketball analytics.
- Yale Undergraduate Sports Analytics Group: Some other articles/projects in sports analytics. (List)
Presentations from NIST Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships in 2017 and 2018 * NIST Homegeneity Assessor User’s Manual (Summer 2018) Paper * Launch and Demonstration of the NIST Homogeneity Assessor_ (Summer 2018) Slides * Combining Results in Collaborative Studies when Reported Uncertainties are Unreliable (Summer 2017) Slides
- FIFA Video Game Ratings 2005-2020 (Data)
Blog Posts * Transitive National Champions
Code solutions to several riddlers can be found here.